CONSEQUENCES OF GANG INVOLVEMENT
Just like any choice we make in life, the choice to be come involved with gangs comes with consequences.
Gangs make many promises. The reality is that gang promises are just myths meant to create interest, manipulate people, and limit personal choices. Some of the most common myths are:
- They are your family
- They have your back
- They will always be there for you
- They will take care of you when you are locked up
- You don't have to do anything you don't want to do
- You can leave whenever you want
GANGS AND THE POLICE
- Kids that join or hang around gangs can expect to have a problem with the police.
- They are questioned, detained and arrested more often than other kids.
- They can also expect to have problems with other gang members.
GANGS AND VIOLENCE
- Violence is a part of gang life.
- If you join a gang you will be expected to become a part of that violence.
- You lose your right to “Say No”
- Gang against gang violence NEVER solves the problem it just gets worse.